Back to Search >
The Top Five Inventory Control Software ProcessesInventory control software is used to monitor and manage inventory levels, orders, sales and deliveries. It is used to keep track of the quantity, location and status of inventory as well as the related shipping, receiving, picking and put-away processes.
In summary, Inventory Control Software automates the business processes required to manage inventory. Here are the five most common processes.
• Inventory Check-out (consumption and temporary check-out) - the removal of stock from your inventory.
• Physical Count- the counting of your inventory.
• Delivery Request and Fill - refers to two processes; the request of goods by parties outside the warehouse for goods from the warehouse, and the delivery of those goods by warehouse staff to the requesting parties.
• Replenishment - the reordering of stock to fill inventory for the purpose of having a desired level of stock in inventory.
Who Needs Inventory Control Software?The top industries who need it are:
• Retail: Retailers need inventory control software to ensure that they have the right products in stock at the right times.
• Distribution: Distributors need inventory control software to manage their entire supply chain and ensure that orders are fulfilled in a timely manner.
• Healthcare: Healthcare providers need inventory control software to keep track of medications, medical supplies, and equipment.
• Food Service: Food service businesses need inventory control software to manage ingredients, supplies, and other items.
Who are the top three providers of Inventory Software?
Cost of Inventory Control SoftwareA web bot study reports (in Dec 2022) that the cost of enterprise-grade inventory software can range from:
The cost depends on the features and services included, as well as the size and complexity of the organization.
Aestiva provides a wide variety of Inventory Software. Customers on Aestiva's Software Unlimited plan get all the inventory software and modules they want for free.
See AlsoInventory Control Software, What Is Inventory, Inventory Vs Assets, Inventory Checkin, Inventory Checkout, Inventory Stocktake